Contact Us Today 907-272-8181


How to Obtain a Child Support Modification in Alaska

Posted by Sarah-Kathryn Bryan | Jun 13, 2024 | 0 Comments

In Alaska, you may qualify for a child support modification if there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the initial child support order was issued. Here are some factors to consider when determining if you qualify:

A Change in Income May Justify a Modification in Child Support

If there has been a significant change in your income or the other parent's income, such as job loss, promotion, or a substantial increase or decrease in earnings, you may be eligible for a modification.

A Child Custody Modification

If there has been a change in the custody arrangement, such as a change in the amount of time the child spends with each parent, you may be eligible for a modification.

Other Relevant Factors in Child Support Modification

Alaska considers various other circumstances when determining if a modification is warranted. These factors may include changes in the cost of living, the child's needs, or any other significant changes that impact the child's well-being.

Experienced Family Law Attorneys in Alaska

It's important to note that each case is unique, and the determination of eligibility for a child support modification is ultimately made by the Alaska Child Support Services Division or the court.

To work with an attorney to present the strongest case possible, contact Shortell Law LLC today by calling (907)272-8181.  To learn more about our advocacy for our clients in this practice area,  please visit the following pages on our website:

About the Author

Sarah-Kathryn Bryan

Sarah Kathryn Bryan is an associate attorney at Shortell Law LLC. Ms. Bryan handles cases in family law, business, employment, estate planning and general civil litigation. To work with Ms. Bryan, please call Shortell Law LLC at (907)272-8181.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Call (907)272-8181 to work with Shortell Law LLC.